Thursday, May 1, 2008

2007-08 SP Rookie Edition

I decided to start this blog to share my card purchases with other collectors. I was inspired by another blogger at http://basketballcardsgalore.blogspot.com/ .

Anyways, I just got back from a hobby shop I recently discovered. It's pretty close by to my house, so I'll hopefully be making frequent visits. I bought just 1 pack of 07-08 SP Rookie Edition cards since the shop was a tad overpriced. Nevertheless, I was pleased with what I got, though there weren't any hits. The base cards were nice. All 4 of these players made it to the playoffs this year, which says something of their skill.



I also acquired 4 nice rookies (as expected from a rookie edition pack). The highlight was the Acie Law IV card that featured a design reminiscent of the 96-97 sp design. Overall, I'm pretty happy with what I got, though I probably won't be paying 6 bucks for a single pack again ;( But it's definitely a step in the right direction, as this is my first hobby edition buy. I can't see myself completely ignoring retail packs and blaster boxes though since I am pretty cheap. Tomorrow, I'll probably invest in some more cards at another hobby shop nearby.

Added note: Kevin Durant was just named Rookie of the Year, so I hope I can pull some nice rookies of him in the packs to come. And hopefully my favorite player, Kobe, makes MVP.

No comments: